Invest in yourself. Get certified today!
There are two categories of requirements for TASN Certification:
- Work experience in school food service
- Required courses directly related to the food service field
There are five levels of achievement, with two additional grandfathered levels. The program progresses from basic skills to managerial and administrative responsibilities. Certain courses are required at each level of certification. The individual may select certain training courses that will enhance their job skills; however, some courses require a specific number of hours.
Classes taken from ICN must be School Nutrition related and have a professional standard code to be eligible for the TASN Certification program.
Effective July 1, 2019 the TASN Level 1 requirements are:
TASN Level 1 Requirements: A total of 16 Hours & 1 year school food service experience
Required courses are:
4 hours Safety
4 hours Sanitation
4 hours Customer Service
4 hours recognizing a Reimbursable Meal
In addition, effective July 1, 2019: You can achieve your total hours in any combination of in class or online hours.
The requirement to teach TASN approved courses be changed to the following effective January 1st, 2020.
Instructors must be any of these:
● TASN or SNA Level 3 or higher
● Bachelor’s Degree & Resume .
● Associates Degree + 2 years School Food Service Experience & Resume .
● 5 years’ experience in the Key Training Area assigned to teach or experience training/presenting to groups & Resume ALL of the above must also have completed a course dealing Training Adult Learners within the previous 5 years. (Recommended Train the Trainer) Evidence of training/presenting to groups is required.
The TASN Certification Handbook is being revised to reflect the above changes.
Certification Tracking Form PDF »
USDA Professional Standards Codes and TASN Levels (PDF) »
Note: This form is still under construction. Please contact TASN headquarters with any questions.
Certification Handbook PDF »
View the certification class schedule (click Here)
TASN members are also encouraged to participate in the School Nutrition Association Certification program and with careful course selection, members can become both TASN and SNA certified at the same time.
View SNA Certification Information at schoolnutrition.org »
View ICN Online Training Opportunities » Classes taken from ICN must be School Nutrition related and have a professional standard code to be eligible for the TASN Certification program.
Need an active Certification list or have questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-371-0087 ext. 207.