Career Center Job Opportunities
See the latest listing of job openings and available positions in school child nutrition programs in Texas below.
If you are looking to advance your career in K12 foodservice and become better at your job, then you want to obtain TASN Certification. TASN Certification and its training also shows prospective and current employers that you have invested in your education and career field.
Click here to learn more about TASN Certification and its programs which progress from basic skills to managerial and administrative responsibilities.
Back to job listings
Elementary School Cafeteria Manager Aplus Charter Schools
Posting Closing Date:
Negotiable w/ bonus for tasn levels
Purpose / Job Description:
1. Produce and maintain work schedules and production records.
2. Direct daily activities in kitchen and cafeteria.
3. Maintain all serving schedules and serve all food items according to menu specifications defined by departmental policies and procedures.
4. Work cooperatively with campus principal to accommodate temporary schedule changes, special serving requirements and to resolve personnel problems.
5. Supervise and train employees at campus level, promoting efficiency, morale, and teamwork.
Policy, Reports, and Law
6. Ensure that food is produced safely and is of high quality according to policies, procedures, and department requirements.
7. Maintain accurate reports of daily and monthly financial, production, and activity records.
8. Maintain and submit accurate information for payroll reporting (time cards, tardiness, and absenteeism).
9. Ensure that food items are stored in safe and hazard-free environment.
10. Establish and enforce standards of cleanliness, health, and safety following health and safety codes and regulations.
11. Maintain safe work environment.
Inventory and Equipment
12. Ensure that appropriate quantities of food and supplies are available through daily orders and periodic inventories.
13. Maintain logs on all equipment maintenance required within campus food service department.
14. Perform preventive maintenance and report needed equipment repairs.
15. Recommend replacement of existing equipment to meet department needs.
16. Conduct annual physical equipment and supplies inventory.
17. Help screen, select, and train cafeteria workers and make sound recommendations about the assignment, discipline, and retention of cafeteria personnel.
High school diploma or GED
Food manager certification
Current Drivers License and clean driving record
Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment, and appliances used in food preparation
Ability to manage personnel
Completion of a sanitation course before or during the first year as manager
Three years experience in institutional food service operations
Must be able to pass a finger printing background check
Current drivers license and reliable vehicle required for this position.
Apply on teacherjobnet.org
Submit resume and letter of interest to:
Back to job listings