Career Center Job Opportunities
See the latest listing of job openings and available positions in school child nutrition programs in Texas below.
If you are looking to advance your career in K12 foodservice and become better at your job, then you want to obtain TASN Certification. TASN Certification and its training also shows prospective and current employers that you have invested in your education and career field.
Click here to learn more about TASN Certification and its programs which progress from basic skills to managerial and administrative responsibilities.
Back to job listings
Posting Closing Date:
1505 Randolph St. Carrollton, TX 75006
Director of Student Nutrition
$76,339 - $97,674
Purpose / Job Description:
To assist the Director of Student Nutrition in providing each school child with a selection of food of high nutritious quality in an atmosphere of cleanliness, cheerfulness, and a personal caring at a cost that encourages maximum student participation.
Responsibilities / Duties:
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Nutrition Coordinator of Student Nutrition Services shall:
1. Plan and/or supervise the preparation and serving of breakfast and lunch menus at all schools and special functions.
2. Plan food-based menus and credit recipes according to governmental nutritional requirements to ensure USDA menu compliance.
3. Perform menu and nutrient analysis and manage digital menu software.
4. Coordinate and direct special diet modifications for students with special needs.
5. Plan a program of volume purchasing for school cafeterias with the Student Nutrition Director and the Purchasing Department.
6. Analyze productivity measures to evaluate customer service satisfaction and adjust standard menu offerings accordingly
7. Promote knowledge of good nutrition through the dissemination of educational materials and through special promotions.
8. Keep patrons and the public informed of menus and services offered by the school cafeterias and of health and educational benefits gained by children through participation in the school food service program.
9. Monitor large and small equipment, track repairs and develop long-term plans for replacement.
10. Oversee the chemical, pest management, HACCP and Food Safety Programs
11. Assist with inspections of school kitchens to insure that standards of diet, cleanliness, health, and safety are being maintained.
12. Participate in in-service programs and assist with the organization of such events.
13. Train and monitor field staff in government programs, procedures, compliance systems.
14. Keep informed and comply with all state and district policies and regulations that apply to food service.
15. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Student Nutrition Director.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. This job is not an employment agreement or contract. The Administration has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice
Ability to read, write and speak English
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal)
Ability to operate computer
Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Ability to perform detailed accounting functions
Frequent repetitive hand motions
Frequent prolonged use of computer
Frequent visual interaction with computer screen or monitor
Frequent light lifting
Occasional heavy lifting
Normal office environment
Numerous phone calls
Subject to frequent interruptions
Subject to frequent deadlines
Requires travel throughout district
Subject to temperature extremes
Contact Phone Number:
Back to job listings