Career Center Job Opportunities
See the latest listing of job openings and available positions in school child nutrition programs in Texas below.
If you are looking to advance your career in K12 foodservice and become better at your job, then you want to obtain TASN Certification. TASN Certification and its training also shows prospective and current employers that you have invested in your education and career field.
Click here to learn more about TASN Certification and its programs which progress from basic skills to managerial and administrative responsibilities.
Back to job listings
Full Time, Exempt
Posting Closing Date:
North East ISD - San Antonio, TX
Executive Director of School Nutrition
Purpose / Job Description:
Supervises operations of the school cafeteria. Provides support to cafeteria managers in identifying problems and recommending solutions in food production, personnel supervision and regulation compliance.
- Knowledge of quantity food production including preparation and service, storage, sanitation, and safety
- Knowledge of menu planning to meet nutritional esthetics and psychological needs of students
- Knowledge of application, care, and maintenance of food service equipment
- Knowledge of principles and practices for supervision and training
- Knowledge of record keeping techniques
- Basic knowledge of nutrition as it applies to school age children
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Valid Texas Drivers License with driving record that meets the requirements of the District
Responsibilities / Duties:
1. Communicate and ensure compliance with District and departmental policies to cafeteria managers and employees.
2. Enforce regulations regarding Fair Labor Standards Act, Family and Medical Leave and Workers' Compensation.
3. Review cash handling and deposit procedures.
4. Monitor recordkeeping and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and policies.
5. Monitor procedures to better utilize kitchen equipment and report any malfunctions and recommend replacements.
6. Interview and recommend cafeteria workers for employment.
7. Direct, evaluate, and counsel cafeteria managers and staff.
8. Monitor and approve time and attendance of employees on a weekly basis.
9. Monitor services and merchandising techniques to increase student meal participation.
10. Support District goals for student and staff wellness initiatives.
11. Address parent concerns and suggestions with regards to meal programs and policies.
12. Participate in departmental workshops and manager meetings.
13. Participate in regional and state professional development opportunities through Region 20 and Texas Association for School Nutrition.
14. Ensure kitchen operations are in compliance with all safety and HACCP/sanitation regulations.
15. Meet with school administration to discuss issues related to the school meal program and staff.
16. Attend staff meetings, quarterly PTA Lunchroom Evaluation committee meeting and other committee meetings as assigned.
17. Maintain confidentiality of information.
18. Report to work on time every day.
19. Performs additional duties and accepts other responsibilities as may be assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required
Two years related experience and/or training required
Contact Phone Number:
Back to job listings