Career Center Job Opportunities
See the latest listing of job openings and available positions in school child nutrition programs in Texas below.
If you are looking to advance your career in K12 foodservice and become better at your job, then you want to obtain TASN Certification. TASN Certification and its training also shows prospective and current employers that you have invested in your education and career field.
Click here to learn more about TASN Certification and its programs which progress from basic skills to managerial and administrative responsibilities.
Back to job listings
Child Nutrition Assistant, Sweeny ISD
Posting Closing Date:
Child Nutrition Director
$30,284-$41,986/ Per Year
Purpose / Job Description:
Facilitate the efficient operation of an administrative department office and provide clerical services to the department head and other staff members.
High School diploma or GED
Food Service Manager Certification (to be obtained within first 30 days of employment)
Responsibilities / Duties:
1. Prepare written correspondence, forms or reports using personal computer.
2. Maintain a daily employee attendance log.
3. Receive incoming calls, take reliable messages and route to appropriate staff.
4. Balance daily financial records with bank deposits.
5. Assist students, teachers, and parents as needed.
6. Process all free and reduce meal applications according to USDA regulations
7. Work cooperatively with parents on communication about meal balances.
8. Process direct certification list.
9. Prepares monthly bills for payment by vendor.
10. Prepares and process purchase orders.
11. Takes care of all maintenance work orders.
12. Orders equipment parts as needed for maintenance.
13. Orders all office supplies.
14. Works cooperatively with fellow employees to insure that the district attains the performance objectives established by the Child Nutrition Department.
15. Models behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
16. Respond positively to supervision.
17. Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
18. Dress and grooming appropriate for job.
19. Punctual to work and in attendance regularly.
20. Follow district policy and directions.
21. Maintain confidentiality.
22. Work cooperatively with Child Nutrition Director to insure that State and Local regulations are implemented.
23. Participate in staff development training programs, faculty meetings, and special events as assigned.
24. Pursue professional development classes.
25. Share and implements information and ideas with fellow employees and other food service professionals.
26. Strive to insure that the Child Nutrition department works closely with PEIMS coordinator at each campus.
27. Assists in cafeteria operations as needed.
28. Performs all other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress, repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer, prolonged standing, lifting up to 25 pounds.
Contact Phone Number:
Back to job listings