Career Center Job Opportunities
See the latest listing of job openings and available positions in school child nutrition programs in Texas below.
If you are looking to advance your career in K12 foodservice and become better at your job, then you want to obtain TASN Certification. TASN Certification and its training also shows prospective and current employers that you have invested in your education and career field.
Click here to learn more about TASN Certification and its programs which progress from basic skills to managerial and administrative responsibilities.
Back to job listings
Program Specialist, Child Nutrition
Posting Closing Date:
Region 4 Education Service Center
Director - Business and Operations
Purpose / Job Description:
Provide professional development and technical assistance for the United States Department of Agriculture's (TDA) Federal School Nutrition Programs implemented at public districts and charter schools, private schools, and residential child care institutions. Participate in special activities in the area of Child Nutrition than support the ESC's core purpose and strategic goals.
Bachelor's degree with preferred ares of study in: Institutional Management, Nutrition, Dietetics, Family and Consumer Science, Public Health, or related field
1. Three years of experience training adults
2. Experience in developing, presenting, and coordinating professional development sessions
1. Five years of experience in operations and management of School Nutrition Programs, specifically the National School Lunch Program (NSLP, School Breakfast Program (SBP) and Afterschool Care Program (AFSP)
2. Registered Dietitian
Responsibilities / Duties:
1. Develop, present, and facilitate effective professional development for School Nutrition Programs.
2. Provide technical assistance and customized services.
3. Engage in professional development to maintain knowledge and skills in the are of School Nutrition Programs.
4. Keep current on state and federal rules, regulations, and policies related to Child Nutrition.
5. Provide leadership in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating professional development, and services in the area of Child Nutrition.
6. Help plan and implement ongoing needs assessments and services for Region 4 customers.
7. Participate in developing communication networks between Region 4 and customer personnel.
8. Assist in planning and developing special project activities and conference events.
9. Fulfill the requirements of the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) contract.
10. Provide technical assistance and services as specified by any application federal grant that funds this position.
Frequent use of standard office equipment; prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping,pushing/pulling, and twisting; repetitive hand motions (keyboarding and use of mouse); occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 20 pounds); may work prolonged and irregular hours; occasional statewide travel and frequent in-region travel; work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under pressure.
Position open until filled.
Apply online at:
Contact Phone Number:
Back to job listings